Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring at last?

After spending the week back indoors (rainy and sick -- Tim, not me), I made it back outside today. Walked to nursery school both ways (4.5 km in total), but with the stroller. The backpack is going to be less useful as I can't sstrap it around my middle anymore, and so it puts a lot of uncomfortable pressure on my shoulders.

During nursery school, I jogged almost 5 km, in almost 35 minutes. I tried my best, but boy it's slow going! I tried to keep the jog slow, but also had to walk a fair bit. Not too often, but for at more than a minute each time. The bigger the uterine muscle, the stronger the contraction!

Jogging doesn't feel awesome, but it's not bad, and I think the extended time of raised heart rate is probably a good antidote for all those symptoms like water retention and varicose veins and such that are supposed to happen particularly in 2nd pregnancy.

Also did three sets of 5 inclined push-ups at the park. Tried a jumping chin-up. Ha ha ha! The section of abdominal erectors that really kick in to pull you into the second half of the up are totally MIA.

No Tuesday workout because of doctor appointment. Weigh in: 21 weeks = 148 lb.

(That's a 13 lb gain in total. At this point last time, I'd gained 15 lbs -- but started skinnier so had more to gain. Apparently I should gain half a pound a week for the rest of the time... That will be at least another 10 pounds. But I suspect it will be more like 12 or so...)

Also! Got a Quebec midwife at last! I had a back-up in Ontario that I was going to have to pay for, but that midwife called in a favour of one she knew on this side of the river, and I'm in!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Where have you gone? I miss your postings.

Ms. Hedda said...

My limited workout window has been temporarily overtaken by other priorities, and also I've been at my sister's in Maine for the last week. Just walking (after the boys as they ride their bikes). I plan to be back this weekend!